The Dean’s Cup is awarded to the top-performing team during internal case competitions. It is presented to the winning team during the GBC formal held in March. Winners will have their names engraved on the Dean’s Cup, which is displayed in the trophy case outside the GBC office.
- A maximum of eight participants can make up a competing team for the Dean’s Cup, however only four participants can present in each competition.
- Points for the Dean’s Cup are only awarded for internal rounds.
- External rounds, which consist of Schulich students alone, are NOT eligible for points towards the Dean’s Cup
- Teams only need to register once, Individuals cannot shuffle teams during the competition.
- All competitors for the Dean’s Cup must compete in more than one quarter of the competitions held during the school year e.g. if there are three competitions, competitors must compete in one, if there are four competitions, competitors must compete in two
(Right: Winning Team of 2015-16 Dean’s Cup Competition at 2016 Schulich Gala.)
There would be a leader board posted on the Schulich Knowledge Base with periodic updates on the status of the competition.
(Click Icon for leader board)
Any specific rules pertaining to the case will be distributed with the case – if any of these rules conflict with those written here, it is the one’s distributed with the case that will apply. It is the team lead’s responsibility to distribute the case and a copy of the rules to their teammates.
- Only the team number may appear on the slide deck.No names of the team members or team name itself can appear on any of the slides
- All documents 2003, 2007 PPT format
- Presentation email subject heading: CASE_TEAM_XX, (Ex. For team 8, CASE_TEAM_08)
- File name: CASE_TEAM_XX.PPT, (Ex. For team 8, CASE_TEAM_08.PPT)
- Deadlines are final. Only first submission of slides will be considered as a final submission, so please ensure all files types/names are accurate before sending
Slide deck Guidelines
- No external resources
- No graphics, photos, videos, images, clipart, music or any other media format
- Unless otherwise specified, no internet research is allowed.
- Review competition rules for each competition. (if something is unknown, make assumptions that you can defend).
- You may use your textbooks as support
- Only graphs, tables and charts allowed are word processor, Power point or spreadsheet generated
- There is no limit on the number of slides.
- Appendices are allowed, but should only be used as an aid to answer questions during the Q & A period
- Presentations will be for 10 minutes followed by Q&A for 10 minutes
- Business attire is required for presentations
- All presenters should arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled presentation time.
- Teams will be permitted to watch other teams’ presentations only after they have completed their own presentation
- All registered team members must attend the presentation to the case judges
- Substitutions will not be allowed for team members between registration and presentations
- It is mandatory for a selected team to present the case to the judges.
- If, due to any unforeseen circumstances, a selected team is not able to present, written notification should be sent to the GBC Case Competition Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) within four (4) hours from the announcement of the finalists for the given Dean’s Cup round.
- Failure to do so will result in disqualification of the team from all rounds of Dean’s Cup and forfeiture of points.
Schulich School of Business – Details to be provided
- Finance Round: Jan 22′ 2017 @4 PM
- Details to be communicated by Case Competitions Director via facebook / email to registered teams.
For any questions please contact Lovejot Singh at email@example.com