11 years of
Celebrating the Past, Shaping the Future
GBC’s Annual Career Conference
“Schulich Insights 2017: Celebrating 11 years of Celebrating the Past, Shaping the Future” is the 11th Annual GBC career conference featuring Schulich alumni working in a multitude of industries.
The business landscape has changed significantly over the past decade. The obstacles faced by today’s graduates are different from the ones their predecessors faced. This conference will be a reflection of past experiences and the evolution of industry professionals through the years.
The nature of the conference allows students to get a flavor of different industries they may not have had exposure to. The panels give students an opportunity to explore new industries and understand job prospects across different functions and industry specializations that Schulich currently offers.
The day-long event will take place at Seymour Schulich Building at Schulich School of Business’s Keele Campus.
REGISTRATION AND TICKETS
General admission (Includes attending in Keynote Speech + 4 Panel Discussions + Networking Lunch + one drink ticket for the cocktail reception in the evening.)
Cost of Ticket: $30
To mark 11 years of Schulich Insights conference, there are 11 industry panels for this year’s edition. Participating students can attend any panels of their choice. Each panel will be moderated by a Schulich professor and will feature three or more Schulich alumni from the relevant industry talking about industry outlook, job prospects, and advice on entering the industry and making a mark there. Each panel will last 75 minutes with some time dedicated to a Q&A session. In addition, alumni will be available to interact with participating students during the lunch and cocktail networking sessions.
The 2017 edition of Schulich Insights has 11 panels on a range of areas. A partial list of confirmed companies participating in this year’s Schulich Insights is listed alongside the respective industry:
- Arts, Media and Entertainment (Toronto Arts Council, Mongrel Media, Nordicity , CBC)
- Business Analytics (autoTRADER.ca, Nielsen, ClickFox)
- Consulting (PwC Consulting, Boston Consulting Group, Delloite)
- Entrepreneurship (Urbery Inc., Simply Laundry, Bullet Daily Media Group Inc.)
- Finance and Accounting (RBC, Scotiabank Global Banking and Markets, TSX Trust)
- Health Industry Management (Sinai Health System, eHealth Ontario, Bescot Healthcare International Ltd)
- Marketing (Coca-Cola, Kraft Heinz Canada, Labatt Canada)
- Mining (Yamana Gold, Scotia Capital, Excellon Resources Inc.)
- Real Estate and Infrastructure (Canada Post Pension Plan, Dream Unlimited, EllisDon, The Cadillac, Fairview Corporation Limited)
- Supply Chain and Operations (Canada Bread Company, The Home Depot Canada, Amazon)
- Sustainability and Social Sector (The Salvation Army, Nature Conservancy of Canada, Sustainalytics)
Schulich Insights 2017
November 3. 2017
Limited number of tickets available. In addition, each industry panel will have fixed capacity. Panel registration is therefore available on first-come-first-served basis.
Schulich Insights has been sold out every year. We recommend you buy tickets early.