Cross-Cultural Questival is a workshop that is being organized by GBC International Affairs team. It consists of a training session provided by Lew Bayer, the CEO of Civility expert Inc. The workshop aims to help remove cultural boundaries between students/co-workers and empower you with the tools and mindset to increase collaboration and understanding with the other cultural groups.
Beyond Cultural Awareness – How Cultural Competence Builds Social Success
- What is cultural competence and how does it differ from cultural knowledge?
- Three common faux pas that hinder cross-cultural relationship building
- Skills for building cultural competence
- How to be successful in global workplaces
How to attend?
- Form a diverse team of 5 (Atleast 2 Nationalities)
- Pay on Tilt for the event
Attendee Registration & Tilt Payment
Ticket Price: $25 per person
Step 1: Payment on Tilt as Individual/Team
Step 2: Team lead should send an email to Caria Wei at email@example.com with below information :
- Team Lead Name and Nationality
- Team Name
- Name of each team member along with their respective nationalities
- Email addresses of all Team Members
Event Time: Friday, March 3rd, 2017 1:30PM-10:00 PM
Event Location: Schulich Keele campus + Escape Game Experience in Downtown
Who should go to this amazing event? Anyone who’s interested in working in a cross-cultural workplace
What will you gain?
Participants will leave the session with:
- Greater understanding of why & how the lack of cultural knowledge can hinder your ability to thrive in a diverse environment
- Increased self-awareness of habits and thinking patterns that hinder cross-cultural relationship building
- Increased knowledge of skills required to become culturally-competent
- Three specific strategies you can use to increase your ability to be successful in global workplaces
- Team building activities
- Free access to Escape game
About the Trainer:
For almost 20 years, Lew Bayer has been internationally recognized as a leading civility expert. With a focus on social intelligence and culturally-competent communication, the team at Civility Experts – which includes 83 affiliates in 24 countries has supported 100’s of organizations in building better workplaces. In addition to her role as CEO of multinational civility training group Civility Experts Inc. www.CivilityExperts.com , Lew is Chair of the International Civility Trainers’ Consortium, President of The Center for Organizational Cultural Competence www.culturalcompetence.ca, and Founder of the In Good Company Etiquette Academy Franchise Group www.ingoodcompanyetiquette.com
Lew is a 6-time nominee for the RBC Canadian Woman Entrepreneur of the year. She was previously awarded Manitoba Woman Entrepreneur in International Business and she was the first Canadian to receive the prestigious AICI International Civility Star Award.
All ticket sales are final and non-refundable. In extreme circumstances, tickets may be resold to another Schulich graduate student; but the GBC must be notified of the exchange to ensure the authenticity of resale.